Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hmmmmm....

Because this damn story I'm working on keeps growing like fungus and splitting into new sub-books like an amoeba, I wonder if I really will have it ready by my deadline?
The damn thing started out as a cheesy goth romance which I wrote in 1992 and wanted to expand on because it seemed to be too much the same thing as hundreds of other people had written before me. I hoped to create something truly unique and interesting.
Be careful what you wish for, you may get it. The damn thing is consuming my life!
Which isn't all bad. But sometimes its extremely frustrating.
On the other hand, I have a completed work. It's a graphic novel that I drew in 1994 while I was in the process of getting divorced. It's a far cry from what I'm currently working on. And I'm wondering if I should go ahead and publish it and let this other work continue behaving like that fungus from the asteroid in Creepshow which got onto Jordy Verill's (Stephen King) hand and steadily covered his body thereafter, then threatened to cover the entire Earth. (Now you know where the name of this blog comes from!)
I just wrote this great chapter, but I'm having to decide whether it really belongs in this particular installment of the tale. And I can't decide because if there's one thing you should never do, it's make a decision when you're rolling on one hour of sleep!
CRAAAAAAAAP!!!!!
In my next life, I want to be a mushroom!
Peace,
The Brainless Cheese Spawn

No comments: