Saturday, January 28, 2006

Update

Things are moving along again after pulling myself out of a horrible depression. The first book, although not yet ready for publication, seems to have pretty well gelled as far as format, so I'm happy about that. Now it's just a matter of adding details to make it uber-cool. No matter what, it's going to be unusual and hopefully at least a bit unexpected. Not your average "formula" vampire story. At least that's what I'm aiming for. Love it or hate it, there's no way people will say "well, that was rote."
In doing some research on autism (one of my characters is autistic) I learned some very surprising stuff about people with autism. About how intelligent many of them are. And that they have the same thoughts and feelings that "normal" people do. They just have different ways of interacting with the world. I am always pleased to learn something new about people and a bit embarrassed by my preconceived notions. Go to the autistics.org website and get schooled. I sure did! There is a wealth of information here and it will keep you occupied for hours!
It's time to start doing my taxes. I've used the H&R Block website for the past 4 years and it's been a great help. Doing it by hand was misery. It will cut into other things a little bit, but that's where the $ will come from for publishing/agency etc. I'm going through Trafford Publishing and want the works. This story may never be a bestseller but let it never be said that I didn't shoot the moon!(oh, but of course it will be a best seller! With amazing talent like mine, how could it not?)
That was me giving myself a snow job! >;-p I have to do that every now and then--hugely inflate my ego to keep myself properly delusional so I perservere.
Peace,
The Properly Delusional Cheesemeister

No comments: