Friday, January 23, 2009

Shameless Self Promotion Done Shamelessly

Just a copy of what I posted in the Shameless Self-Promotion group on Shelfari. Because I'm kind of OC that way.


Although I'm actually a very self-effacing (and self-depricating) person, I love the hell out of shameless self promotion when it comes to my book.
To find out more, visit my site at http://www.lilystrange.com to find out more.
No, I was not particularly creative in creating that URL.
If you want sweetness and light, ordinary subject matter, and a complete avoidance of controversial subjects, avoid this book like the plague.
I actually reviewed my own book here on Shelfari. I don't know if that's kosher or not, but I'm not particularly worried about it since I rarely do anything according to protocol. It is on my shelf. I'm trying to figure out how to add it to the group shelf but can be kind of a tech-tard, so don't be particularly surprised if I never figure out how.
This book is not a particularly easy read. The sentence structure is straightforward enough, but it is actually a group of short stories that piece together to make one long story. I like to think of it as organized chaos. Something like the structure of the universe itself.
I'm not actually arrogant enough to compare my literary creations to the magnificence of the universe. But I do in truth think of the universe as organized chaos and the chapter structure does follow my vision of the universe, and not only the physical universe. There are an infinite number of creatures all existing in conjunction with one another, yet completely separate. And the circumstances of even the lowliest of these is critical and magnificent, capable of affecting the fate of all other things, and yet at the same time is of no importance at all on the cosmic scale.
I've actually had mostly positive reviews of the book, with one exceptional thing standing out. Everyone despises the cliffhanger ending. Well, there is another one in the offing, due out in 2010 if all goes well. And there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth on that day.
If you are the philanthropic type, you will appreciate the fact that 50% of the profits from the book (the portion that would have gone to my co-author if he were among the land of the living) go to the World Federation for Mental Health. You can find out more about my drive to raise a million bucks in my lifetime for WFMH, and about their mission, by going here. http://www.changingthepresent.org/drives/show/1675
Or you can join the cause on Facebook.
http://apps.facebook.com/causes/190050?m=611088da&recruiter_id=39435033
Thanks for letting me self-promote. And shamelessly.

No comments: