Monday, December 22, 2008

A Necessary Sacrifice

Two things prompted a decision that's been needing to come for a while. The first and more constructive one is advice that one person was giving another, but it actually had "me" written all over it. The advice was

"you should take a look at the absurd list of tasks you have created for yourself."

I did, and my list is indeed absurd. People with bipolar disorder have a tendency to do this kind of thing to themselves. We throw ourselves headlong into anything that seems like a good idea at the time without really thinking it through and then hate ourselves for failing.

My list includes working on my second book, tending to an official website and blogs and such to promote the first book, being the administrator for a new social network and Twitter-style microblog service for creative, esoteric, open-minded types, working a full time job, and going to school part time. The affiliate marketing was supposed to be a way to make extra money and for a while it was kind of fun even though the extra dough did not exactly roll in, but it's been more burden than fun for several months now.

The second factor that pushed the decision was actually a comment made by an anonymous LOSER on the Kill My Job blog at http://twitpwr.com/affiliate about how much my blog sucks. I happen to know this individual is a loser because of their cowardly hit-and-run anonymous comment and the fact that if they weren't a loser, they'd be too busy with their own life to be leaving cowardly hit and run comments. My response was admissibly juvenile as hell, and yet I must say, funny. It began with "By Satan's balls." Nuff said.

Not that I am kowtowing to anonymous Loser. Frankly, I could give a rat's butt if people think KMJ or any of my blogs/websites/projects suck. But the fact is, I don't have time to work on that blog. I'll continue to keep it as a repository for certain of my utters, but I'm not going to devote any time to it beyond that at this point. As of today, it is officially retired or on permanent vacation.

I will continue to promote certain of the affiliate products I discovered that I really like, such as the Ultimate Recipe Collection (http://TwitPWR.com/…aterecipe/) through utters and Twitter, but am no longer going to make a concerted effort in the affiliate marketing field. What I've been doing is more than a touch too much. I need to concentrate on my literary and activist efforts, spreading the word about religious tolerance and better mental health care worldwide.

So if there's a lesson that I'd like to impart from this it's the old "to thine own self be true." If you're doing too many things, evaluate what really has meaning for you and then throw yourself into that wholeheartedly.

Thanks for "listening." Peace to you.

Mobile post sent by lilystrange using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: